Well, hi there! It’s been awhile since we shared what the Leatherwood’s were up to this summer #bcssummerbucketlist. But we’re back and ready to share all the fun we have been having. Let’s take a break from all those giveaways (yay Christmas in July) and focus on all the FUN in the SUN.
I honestly can’t remember what inspired us to make this treat but I am certainly glad we did it. Super easy recipe, mixed with some semi-healthy ingredients and the kids loved these “treats”. It’s a win win for our family.
We headed down to Port Aransas for our annual trip with Jeff’s family for his momma’s birthday. Crossing “beach” off our BCS Summer Bucket List was full of squeals, laughs and whole bunch of sand. These kids were HAPPY to be there despite the look on Jackson’s face. Ha.
Jackson took great pride in this little sandcastle he, his daddy and cousin built. He was obsessed with the moat and bridge and kept stealing his sister’s mermaid so she could float down the river.
He loves a good river float. Just like his momma.
Then we took a boat ride out in the bay. We saw about 40,000 dolphins and even had three of them swimming after the boat at one point but alas I cannot take pictures fast enough while holding a small child.
Excuse the awful picture of Jeff and I but we rarely take pictures of ourselves so we don’t know what we are doing.
When we went down to Port A, we decided to go a few days early. Some how we came to the conclusion that camping on the boat (while docked) was the most brilliant idea
we Jeff has ever had. The kids were super excited to have this little adventure and sleep on the boat. They bounced around for thirty minutes or so but then eventually went to bed.
When I agreed to camp on the boat, Jeff hadn’t mentioned that all the fishermen start leaving the marina around 4am which means massive boats being lowered down into the water. Oh and add in that the first ray of sunshine that peaks out comes straight into the boat which mean our kiddos woke up at 6am.
At 6am they were ready to PARTY but we were happy to cross off boating adventures off the BCS Summer Bucket List.
One of two very important babies came into this world. The kids were beyond ecstatic to meet their new friend. She may look annoyed (which she was) but she is the sweetest, most chill baby ever ever.
I can’t wait until she “wakes up”. 😉
On a random Saturday we decided to go to the circus. We told Sutton there would be elephants there. The excitement on her face sealed the deal. Jeff bought the best tickets he could find and we were on our way. Her excitement never faded throughout the entire 3 hour ordeal. Jax on the other hand is my sweet but nervous/cautious child and refused a face painting and after five minutes ripped his nose and hair off.
Love how God created our two children so perfectly different.
- We have had so many adventures this summer that it’s hard to put them all into one post (hello picture overload!). So I won’t bore you guys with every single detail. Summer is ending quickly (3 to 4 weeks for most of you) so let’s talk about some things you can do before the summer ends.
- August 6th- Family Swim Night at Adamson Lagoon. Head over for half price admission.
- August 7th- The last First Friday of the summer! Lots of live music (including a pretty cool concert at Grand Stafford) and fun for the family.
- Go visit Lake Bryan and have dinner at Lakeside Icehouse.
- Plan a breakfast picnic (for cooler temps).
- If the heat is getting you down, take the kids to Grand Station Entertainment. They have improved and updated their gaming area and my kids LOVE it.
- Plan a Splash Pad hop with friends. (Katy and I still need to do this!)
Whatever you end up doing, have fun! I know Moms are counting down the days until their kids return to school but try to enjoy these last few days with your precious children!!!!